We recently acquired the Tissuefaxs 200 (TissueGnostics), a multislide scanner with the ability to:
- Scan up to 200 slides, in brightfield or fluorescence.
- Acquire images at a 20x magnification.
- Acquire a range of fluorescent signals (DAPI, GFP, Cy3, Texas Red, Cy5, Cy5.5, Cy7).
- Only scans pre-selected area (40 sec/cm2).
The analysis is Cell based (similar to Flow cytometry).
- Using nucleus as cell identifier
- Cell count and localisation on tissue
- Intensity measurement of the staining
- Nuclear, cytoplasmic detection of staining
Example of analysis:
Quantification of Ki67 positive cells in a tissue section. The threshold used to discriminate the positively stained cells is based on the IgG negative control. The percentage of positive cells present in the area analysed is 41.51%. Each dot representing a cell, you can observe that some cells are presenting a more intense staining than the majority of the other positive cells.
|IgG Negative control analysed with Histoquest||Ki-67 positive staining analysed with Histoquest|
Bone Healing :
In collaboration with the Julius Wolff Institute (Charité Hospital, Berlin, Germany), we are currently establishing a new in-vivo experimental design aiming at studying bone healing in rodents. This design will be used to explore the mechanisms influencing bone healing and assess the efficacy of new therapeutic strategies.